NBE Saving Certificates
They are National Investment Bank’s Certificates, managed by NBE. The Certificates published in three different groups to fit the needs of all savers as follows:
Group “A” Certificate with Accumulated Return:
- Issued in the following denominations: EGP 100,000, EGP 50,000, EGP 10,000, EGP 5,000, EGP 1,000, EGP 500, and EGP 100.
- The term of the certificate is 10 years.
- Certificates can be purchased by both natural and legal persons.
- Accumulated interest is provided at certificate maturity.
Group “B” Certificate with Periodical Return:
It is issued to natural individuals only, without legal entities.
Group "C" Lottery Certificate:
- It is issued in the following denominations: EGP 1,000, EGP 500, EGP 100, EGP 50, EGP 10, and EGP 5.
- The term of the certificate is 10 years renewed automatically for another 10 years.
- Each Certificate carries serial numbers covering the number of pounds thereon and each pound represents a drawing unit.
- All Certificates are eligible to enter six monthly. The prizes are as ranging from EGP 50,000 to EGP 100.
Group D investment certificates for legal entities:
It is intended for legal entities that have the right to purchase in accordance with the ministerial decisions organized without companies for a 3-year term.
The rates of return on certificates are changed according to the decisions of the Minister of Planning and Economic Development