Implementing projects of water plants for electricity generation
• The Commission was established by law No. 14 of 1976, which carries out technical studies and feasibility studies with international expertise houses for hydroelectric power generation projects, implementation of large and small water stations and implementation of projects of pumping stations and storage projects.
• Pumping - National Investment Bank - investments of the Authority estimated at about 241.3 million pounds during the period from 2009/2010 to 2016/2017, the main objectives were:
- Exploitation of natural or industrial waterfalls for the production of clean electric energy, non-polluting environment, renewable and inexhaustible.
- Facilitate river navigation and flood protection by establishing rainwater under funded projects.
• These investments contributed to the implementation of several power stations for the generation of electricity, such as Aswan station with a capacity of 270 MW, Al-Azab plant in Fayoum with a capacity of 680 KW, Esna plant with a capacity of 90 MW, a small Nag Hammadi plant with a capacity of 4.5 MW, Hamadi new capacity of 64 MW, Assiut station capacity of 32 MW.