Nuclear Power Plants Authority
• The Commission was established by law No. 13 of 1976, which deals exclusively with the proposal to establish nuclear power plants to generate electricity and desalinization of water within the framework of the general plan of the State, conducting research and studies necessary for the establishment of nuclear power plants, And its management and management in accordance with the latest scientific, technological and preventive methods, either on their own or through others.
• Pumping - National Investment Bank - investments of the Authority estimated at 1.1 billion pounds during the period from 2009/2010 to 2016/2017, the main objectives were:
- Preparation for the establishment of the first nuclear plant in Egypt.
- Providing trained Egyptian cadres with high efficiency in the peaceful use of nuclear energy.
- In line with global scientific and technological progress in the field of nuclear energy.
• These investments contributed to the construction of the station and the payment of the foreign consultant's fees to study the construction of the first nuclear plant in Al Matba governorate in Matruh governorate. The project includes 8 nuclear plants to be constructed in 8 stages. The first phase aims at constructing 4 nuclear reactors with a total capacity of 4800 MW. ).
• The project is expected to cover about 10% of Egypt's electricity by 2027, 30% by 2050.